Paran Baptist Church was organized on October 11, 1823 about two and one-half miles from where it is now located. There were twelve charter members and two who originally served as the Presbytery. The first mention of Sunday School classes was made in the minutes in 1879. In 1904 the present sanctuary was built and Sunday School rooms were added in 1959. An annex was constructed in 1961 and in that same year a pastorium was built in the vicinity of High Falls. A playgroud was added in 1998. The Fellowship Hall and additional Sunday School rooms were built in 2000. The new building was dedicated to the memory of John Waller in October of that year. Landscaping around the new facility was completed in the summer of 2001. The Stained Glass Windows and Vestibule have been added in 2004. We presently have XXX members~~XXX resident and XX non-resident.