Subscribe to get the latest Paran Church news via email
Paran News 2020
Date to Reopen Paran Worship Service: June 14, 2020 10:30 am
We will have services in the Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall because of Social Distancing Guidelines.
Senior Adults along with their families if they so desire will meet in the Fellowship Hall, all others will meet in the Sanctuary.
The service will be videoed live in the Fellowship Hall and will be seen in the Sanctuary and on Facebook.
Note: The doors will open at 10:00 am, the service will start at 10:30 am. Please enter the facilities and be seated right away.
Depending on circumstances, we hope to start the children’s ministry during worship on June 28th but still NO nursery at that time. Opening the nursery will be determined at a later date. The children will meet in the children’s ministry area on the ground floor of the Fellowship Hall. Parents will drop off and pick up the children at the ground level doors in the back of the Fellowship Hall. Parents may choose to park there.
If anyone feels uncomfortable attending in person at this time, It is ok. You can see the service live on Facebook. It will also be recorded in order to be seen at a later time on Facebook.
Here are some of the guidelines necessary in order to reopen.
- Your temperature will be checked at the door. (No touch scanning.)
- Masks strongly suggested in the Sanctuary.
- Masks required in the Fellowship Hall for Sr Adults.(At this time.)
- Sanitizer Stations available at the entrance
- No Handshaking or Hugging. (We know that will be difficult.)
- No bulletins, information by email or text.
- No Sunday School, Wednesday, Breakfast or other activities for now.
- Spaced Seating (6’ apart) for Social Distancing.
- Assigned seating for Senior Adults and their families in the Fellowship Hall.
- In the Sanctuary no assigned seating but please adhere to social distancing.
- Families are ok to sit together.
- Dismiss by row when the service is over, starting from the back.
- Offerings: by drop buckets at the doors or by mail.
- Cleaning & Sanitizing after the services.
Let’s extend a lot of grace and love to one another. We are all different and will make different decisions.
Please consider adjusting your personal preferences in light of what is best for the entire church body.
As we come together again we will be under a great deal of scrutiny. We do not want to bring upon Paran unnecessary criticism or cause any harm. Safety of everyone is very important.
As the circumstances improve we will gladly revise these guidelines.
The Following Ministries will resume when the church returns to normal activities.
Women's Ministries: WMU Meets the fourth Sunday of each month right after the morning worship service. The WMU has ministry projects that they are involved in each month. All of the women and girls of the church are invited along with our guests.
Men's Ministries: The Brotherhood meets the fourth Monday of each month at 6:30 pm in the fellowship hall. This is a great time of fellowship for the men and boys of the church. We have a great meal provided by the men. The Brotherhood is involved in various ministry projects. All of the men and boys of the church and guests are invited to attend.
Pruitt Healthcare Ministries: 3rd Wednesdays of each month at 2:00 pm.This is an outreach program sponsored By Paran Baptist Church. Members meet there the 3rd Wednesday of each month for a time of fellowship, encouragement and crafts for the residents.
VBS 2020 June 7-10, 6:00-8:00 pm (Sunday thru Wednesday)
Fall Festival 2020 Oct. 25th (5:00-7:00 pm) Fall is a great time for Fall fun for the entire family. There will be a lot of activities for everyone to enjoy. We will have such things as: face painting, hayrides, bouncy house, toy walk and a lot of games and prizes. There will also be popcorn, hotdogs and cotton candy. Invite neighbors, family and friends. It is free and the community is invited.